Late Fees & Disconnects
Utility bills not paid by the due date are subject to a 1.5% late fee on the outstanding current balance. A Late Notice will be mailed to customers with an outstanding balance 22 days after the original billing date.
Late fees may be removed two times during any 24-month period.
Nonpayment Service Disconnects
- Utility accounts with an outstanding balance 45 days after the original billing date are subject to disconnection for non-payment.
- A $60 penalty will be charged to all customers who have not made a payment in full through the website, in the office, or by phone before the day that services are subject to disconnection.
- An additional $65 fee will be charged for same-day restoration of service, if available.
- The City will no longer offer after-hours utility reconnections. Connections will only occur between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm. Same-day reconnections are available if resources to perform the work are available.
- Electric disconnects in the summer will not occur if prior to 8:00 am on the date of the scheduled disconnect a National Weather Service Heat Advisory or Excessive Heat Warning is in effect or is forecasted to be in effect.
- Natural Gas disconnects in the winter will not occur if the temperature is below 32 degrees Fahrenheit for a 48-hour period beginning at 8:00 am on the date of the proposed disconnection.
- Administrative fines up to $1,000 may be issued for the following infractions:
- Meter tampering and meter repair
- Hydrant tampering and repair
- Valve tampering and repair
- Unauthorized use
- Accounts with 2 or more consecutive months of non-payment are subject to account termination