Paying Your Bill
Choose a method of payment that works best for you and your life.
Sign Up for Automatic Bank Draft
You may elect to have your monthly utility bill automatically drafted from your bank account by completing the Online Automatic Bank Draft or complete the Automatic Bank Draft form (PDF) and delivering it to City Hall along with a voided check.
To cancel an Automatic Bank Draft, complete the Account Changes form. In the "What needs to Change" field please indicate "Stop Automatic Bank Draft".
- Many banks offer a bill pay service via their website. These services will allow the account holder to set up payees online and submit payment requests. The bank will debit your account and forward payment directly to us by a printed and mailed check or electronically as an Automated Clearing House (ACH) transaction. Your bank may or may not charge a fee for this service. Please contact your bank for information and assistance on using this service.
- If you elect to use this service, please set up the payment to be made out to the City of Lawrenceville and include your utility account number. If you are making payment for multiple utility accounts, please create a separate payment for each account.
- Typically, regular bank electronic transactions will be delivered in one to two business days, and checks printed and mailed on your behalf will be delivered in five to seven business days.
- Utility Account Payments may be made by phone using Visa or MasterCard. Call toll free to Phone: 1-877-755-7556 to be connected to our automated phone payment system.
- Please allow 24 to 48 hours for transactions to be posted to your account.
Please mail payments to:
City of Lawrenceville
P.O. Box 2200
Lawrenceville, Georgia 30046
Please allow 7 to 10 business days for mailed payments to be received and posted to your account.
Pay In-Person at City Hall
- Payments may be made using cash, check, money order, Visa or MasterCard credit or debit cards, or in-person at City Hall during regular business hours.
- After hours payments may be made using the night drop box located beside the drive-through payment window.
- Payments received after 5 pm are posted to accounts on the next business day and may be subject to additional fees and penalties.
- If your account has been disconnected or scheduled for disconnection for non-payment there is a $60 administrative fee that will be charged to your account.
- If you would like for your service to be restored the same day, an additional fee of $65 will be charged to your account. Same day service is not guaranteed, and is based on the available resources.
Same Day Service
After making your payment, please contact Customer Service if you would like same day service. Services are restored between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm Monday through Friday.
Email Customer Service
If you need payment assistance, the City has partnered with the Lawrenceville Response Center to assist eligible customers.